Election of a Town Councillors
For the following wards:
Fairfield | West End
- An election is to be held of one Town Councillor for each of the said wards.
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at Electoral
Services, Lower Ground Floor, Northgate House, Northgate, Halifax, HX1
1UN on any day after the date of this notice (except for Saturdays, Sundays
and Bank Holidays), but not later than 4pm on Friday 20 January 2017.
- Forms of nomination paper may be obtained from the Returning Officer at
Electoral Services, Lower Ground Floor, Northgate House, Northgate,
Halifax, HX1 1UN, who will, at the request of any elector for the electoral
ward, prepare a nomination paper for signature.
- If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday 16 February
- Electors and their proxies should take note that applications to be treated as
a postal voter, together with notices of amendment to, or cancellation of,
existing postal and proxy voting applications, must reach the Electoral
Registration Officer, Town Hall, Halifax HX1 1UJ by 5.00 p.m. on
Wednesday 1 February 2017 if they are to be effective for this election.
New applications to be treated as a proxy voter must be received by the
Electoral Registration Officer by 5.00 pm on Wednesday 8 February 2017 if
they are to be effective for this election. Electors who, after this date,
become unable to attend the polling station due to service, occupation,
employment or medical reasons may apply to vote by proxy up to 5.00pm on
Thursday 16 February 2017.
Dated: 12 January 2017 Returning Officer